NCAA Men's Basketball: 1st & 2nd Rounds
During Spring Break I was given the opportunity to work the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship Tournament for the 1st and 2nd rounds. I worked under the supervision of the Big 12 and the tournament was held at the Ford Center.
It was a very tiring weekend and although the games were only on Thursday and Saturday, we worked Wed.-Sat. to make sure things stayed in order. We were able to sit in on press conferences, and sit right behind the team benches at the media tables.
My duty was to run statistics to the media at the press tables on the courtside. It was an amazing experience and I learned a lot about what goes into running a media room during a basketball game or event. There was A LOT to learn and I am positive I still do not know everything there is to know.
We worked LONG hours and we're completely exhausted by the end of the days. I made up for a lot of time this past weekend!
Wed.- 12 hours
Thurs.- 15 hours
Fri.- 5 hours
Sat.- 9 hours
Total hours worked: 41 hours!! ahhhhh!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment